All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $48.59
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe Quartodecimans were early Christians who kept a single feast of Pascha on the Passover, maintaining the tradition derived from Judaism. In this work, Alistair Stewart-Sykes, the leading authority on Melito and the Quartodecimans, presents a unique collection of material in a format ideal for classroom use as well as the general reader.At the head of this collection stands a new translation of On Pascha by Melito of Sardis, a liturgical work deriving from Quartodeciman circles in Asia. Alongside this is an extensive introduction and antation pointing out t only the parallels to Jewish practice, but also offering an analysis of the work in terms of classical rhetoric. In addition, the translator has included a selection of Melito's fragments, testimonia to Melito and other material vital for understanding the Quartodeciman liturgies from Rome, Syria and Asia. All texts are translated, described and discussed.
- Author(s)Melito of Sardis ca-190 AD
- PublisherSt Vladimir's Seminary Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/2001
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationCrestwood, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Vladimir's Seminary Press,U.S.
- Translated byAlistair Stewart-Sykes
- Introduction byAlistair Stewart-Sykes
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.