All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title is part of Intellect's Critical Photography Series . It frames the current social and political condition through the prism of Perfection; an idea which has had great historical resonance and mutability, but which has had little attention as a recent area of academic concern or art practice. It provides an accessible reconsideration of contemporary lens-based practices, primarily through the eyes of practitioners. The breadth and depth of content included in the book is spectacular, from high quality, international contributors, supported by two highly respected galleries, kwn for showing cutting-edge, politically engaged work. Based on the 2012 symposium On Perfection, held at the Whitechapel Gallery in East London, this book explores the ways in which artists engage with ideas of perfection, drawing on screenings, performances, and discussions. The symposium featured the work of an eclectic group of artists and writers, who use photographic lenses of many kinds to create works that engage with or disrupt ideas of perfection. Framed from an artist's perspective and spanning a diverse range of artworks that question how these ideas shape our personal identities and our social and political systems, On Perfection considers the multifaceted nature of lens-based practices. Featuring contributions from Dr Mark Durden, Eva Stenram, Dr Clive Cazeaux, Julian Rosefeldt, Liam Devlin, Dr Catherine Grant, Ray Muller, Ceri Higgins, David Evans, Dr Francette Pacteau, Leslie Dick with Audrey Wollen, Dr Jonathan Whitehall, Michal Heiman, Liam Devlin, Oriana Fox, Dan Hill, Jane & Louise Wilson, Marco Bohr and Mark Durden.
- Author BiographyJo Longhurst is an artist and a former Leverhulme Fellow of the European Centre for Photographic Research at the University of Wales, Newport. She recieved a Ph.D. by practice from the London's Royal College of Art, and her work has been showcased internationally.
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication30/08/2013
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1497 g
- Width230 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byJo Longhurst
- Series Edited byAlfredo Cramerotti
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.