CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.20Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionAntique theories of procreation manifest the earnestness of physicians and philosophers to fathom the complicated processes which result in the origin of new life. Anatomical kwledge joins with physiological speculations, in which also the bias of a patricarchal society is evident in favouring of the male as the declining portion in formation of germ. The work of the Greek physician Galen (129-c200 AD) is one of the few preserved mographs on this subject. For this edition, Philipp DeLacy has been applying t only all Greek textual testimonies, but also the complete Arabian and Latin by-tradition.
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication20/11/1992
- Series TitleCorpus Medicorum Graecorum S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberVol V 3, 1
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Out-of-print date05/09/2000
- Content Notebibliography, indices
- Weight660 g
- Width66 mm
- Height94 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Translated byP.De Lacy
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.