Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionThe aim of this paper is to analyse some of the relationships between oscillation theory for linear ordinary differential equations on the real line (shortly, ODE) and the geometry of complete Riemannian manifolds. With this motivation the authors prove some new results in both directions, ranging from oscillation and scillation conditions for ODE's that improve on classical criteria, to estimates in the spectral theory of some geometric differential operator on Riemannian manifolds with related topological and geometric applications. To keep their investigation basically self-contained, the authors also collect some, more or less kwn, material which often appears in the literature in various forms and for which they give, in some instances, new proofs according to their specific point of view.
- Author BiographyBruno Bianchini , Universita Degli Studi Di Padova, Italy Luciano Mari , Universidade Federal Do Ceara, Fortaleza, Brazil Marco Rigoli , University degli Studi di Milano, Italy
- Author(s)Bruno Bianchini,Luciano Mari,Marco Rigoli
- PublisherAmerican Mathematical Society
- Date of Publication30/09/2013
- Series TitleMemoirs of the American Mathematical Society
- Series Part/Volume Number225, 1056
- Place of PublicationProvidence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Mathematical Society
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.