All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionOn Story is film school in a box, a lifetime's worth of filmmaking kwledge squeezed into half-hour packages. -Kenneth Turan, film critic for the Los Angeles Times Austin Film Festival (AFF) is the first organization focused on the writer's creative contribution to film. Its annual Film Festival and Conference offers screenings, panels, workshops, and roundtable discussions that help new writers and filmmakers connect with mentors and gain advice and insight from masters, as well as refreshing veterans with new ideas. To extend the festival's reach, AFF produces On Story, a television series currently airing on PBS-affiliated stations and streaming online that presents footage of high-caliber artists talking candidly and provocatively about the art and craft of screenwriting and filmmaking, often using examples from their own films. On Story-Screenwriters and Filmmakers on Their Iconic Films presents rewned, award-winning screenwriters and filmmakers discussing their careers and the stories behind the production of their iconic films such as L.A. Confidential, Thelma Louise, Groundhog Day, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Silence of the Lambs, In the Name of the Father, Apollo 13, and more. In their own lively words transcribed from interviews and panel discussions, Ron Howard, Callie Khouri, Jonathan Demme, Ted Tally, Jenny Lumet, Harold Ramis, and others talk about creating stories that resonate with one's life experiences or topical social issues, as well as how to create appealing characters and bring them to life. Their insights, production tales, and fresh, practical, and proven advice make this book ideal for film lovers, screenwriting students, and filmmakers and screenwriters seeking inspiration.
- Author BiographyBarbara Morgan cofounded Austin Film Festival in 1993 and has served as executive director since its inception. A feature filmmaker and producer, she also developed and produces the TV series On Story: Presented by Austin Film Festival. Maya Perez is a writer, a producer/consultant for Austin Film Festival's On Story, and a board member of the Austin Film Festival, for which she has also served as Conference Director. She holds an MFA from the University of Texas at Austin, where she was a James A. Michener Fellow.
- Author(s)Austin Film Festival
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication04/10/2016
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Weight397 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine407 mm
- Edited byBarbara Morgan,Maya Perez
- Foreword byJames Franco
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.