All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first behind-the-scenes look at the stunning success of America's hippest discount retailer Founded in 1962 by Minnesota-based department store Dayton's, Target has grown to become America's second most profitable retailer behind Wal-Mart. On Target is the first in-depth look at the business leaders and strategies that made Target such a runaway success. The company's easily recognizable red-and-white logo, youthful television advertisements, and upscale partnerships-with designers like Michael Graves, Mossimo, and Todd Oldham-have t only removed the stigma traditionally attached to discount store shopping, but actually made it hip to be frugal. In the process, the company has cemented its place as the favorite discount retailer of middle- and upper-income families across the country. In On Target, award-winning business journalist Laura Rowley examines the methods and the success of the company from its shrewd merchandising strategy to its clever marketing campaigns, ingenious branding effort, and extensive philanthropy . An excellent education in how to beat the competition even in a crowded and weak retail market, Target's story details the history and incredible success of a unique company and an enticing, unmistakable brand. Both insightful and entertaining, On Target offers important business lessons for executives and managers in need of a bull's-eye. Laura Rowley (Maplewood, NJ) is an award-winning television, radio, and print journalist specializing in business reporting. She is the personal finance and career columnist for Self magazine and has also been published in The New York Times, Parents, and Newsweek. As a reporter and producer for CNN in New York, she reported on air for Your Money and Business Unusual, and produced live programs for CNNfn. She has also appeared on Good Morning America, Oxygen Media, and CNBC.
- Author BiographyLAURA ROWLEY is an award-winning television and print journalist specializing in business. She is the personal finance and career columnist for Self magazine. Her work has also appeared in the New York Times, Parents, and Newsweek. She spent five years with CNN business news in New York. She produced live segments and reported on air for Your Money and Business Unusual. For the latter program, she profiled numerous Fortune 500 companies including Walgreen, Tupperware(r), and DeVry, Inc. Rowley has also appeared on Good Morning America, Oxygen Media, and CNBC.
- Author(s)Laura Rowley
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication15/04/2003
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight448 g
- Width161 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.