All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume contains a collection of the key essays on and by Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959), one of the most influential and prolific architects of the 20th century. The individual essays focus on specific aspects of Wright's work, analyzing buildings and projects in order to explain the general principles of Wright's much-debated design methods. Included are previously published contributions from well-kwn historians and Wright scholars such as Kenneth Frampton, Colin Rowe, and Gwendolyn Wright, as well as newer commentary from the book's editor, Robert McCarter, an ackwledged Wright expert and author of Phaidon's Frank Lloyd Wright mograph. This volume brings together in one place decades of important scholarship on Wright and his architectural principles, making it an essential reader for students of architecture and enthusiasts of Wright's work.
- Author BiographyRobert McCarter is a practicing architect and Professor at the University of Florida, where he was Director of the School of Architecture from 1991 - 2001. He has written for numerous international publications and is author of the comprehensive monograph 'Frank Lloyd Wright: Architect as well as Unity Temple and Fallingwater' in the Architecture in Detail series and Louis I Kahn, all by Phaidon Press. He's also the author of William Morgan: Selected and Recent Work 1961 - 2001.
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication23/01/2012
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Width172 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byRobert McCarter
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.