Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
About this product
- DescriptionThis must-have guide for drummers provides insight into the history and development of the progressive rock genre, and explores a dozen legendary drummers that had the most impact on the style. The book will lead you through the beats, licks, solos, and grooves that made each artist famous, with insight into their approaches, the gear they used, the bands they played in, and the drummers who influenced them. The easy-to-follow lessons delve into authentic transcriptions of 36 famous beats and solos from songs by Porcupine Tree, The Mars Volta, Tool, Dream Theater, Rush, Frank Zappa, Yes, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, and others. Amazing photos are included, as well as a listing of essential recordings. All the beats and solos in the book are performed on the accompanying CD. <br>*****Drummers: <br>* Barriemore Barlow <br>* Terry Bozzio <br>* Bill Bruford <br>* Danny Carey <br>* Vinnie Colaiuta <br>* Phil Collins <br>* Michael Giles <br>* Gavin Harrison <br>* Carl Palmer <br>* Neil Peart <br>* Mike Porty <br>* Jon Theodore <br>* . . . and more! <br>On the Beaten Path: Progressive Rock is a much-anticipated extension to the highly acclaimed, award-winning book On the Beaten Path: The Drummer's Guide to Musical Styles and the Legends Who Defined Them, voted No. 1 Educational Book in the 2008 Modern Drummer Reader's Poll!, and voted No. 1 Book in the 2008 DRUM! Reader's Poll! <br> Capturing the essence of prog drumming in an educational book isn't easy, but Lackowski does a fine job. Lackowski proves himself a true aficionado and a trusted source. Four stars! <br>---Modern Drummer magazine <br> This is where Lackowski shines! He has a gift that enables him to break down the core elements of a musical piece and translate those ideas into easily understandable written tation. On the Beaten Path: Progressive Rock is a must for anybody who wants to get on the inside track to understanding their heroes. <br>---D
- Author(s)Rich Lackowski
- PublisherAlfred Publishing Co., Inc.
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlfred Publishing Co., Inc.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width300 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback / softback and CD-Audio
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.