Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $38.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.63
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $114.18
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.73
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.35
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.69
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.47
About this product
- DescriptionLewis and Benjamin Jones, identical twins, were born with the century on a farm on the English-Welsh border. For eighty years they live on the farm--sharing the same clothes, tilling the same soil, sleeping in the same bed. Their lives and the lives of their neighbors--farmers, drovers, clergymen, traders, coffin-makers--are only obliquely touched by the chaos of twentieth-century progress.Nonetheless, the twins' world--a few square miles of Welsh countryside--is rich in the oddities, the wonders, and the tragedies of the human experience. In this extraordinary vel Bruce Chatwin has captured every nuance of the Welsh landscape and of the lives and souls of the people who lived there.</p>
- Author BiographyBruce Chatwin (1940-1989) was the author of <b>In Patagonia</b>, <b>The Viceroy of Ouidah</b>, <b>On the Black Hill</b>, <b>The Songlines</b>, and <b>Utz</b>. His other books are <b>What Am I Doing Here</b> and <b>Anatomy of Restlessness</b>, posthumous anthologies of shorter works, and <b>Far Journeys</b>, a collection of his photographs that also includes selections from his travel notebooks.
- PrizesWinner of Whitbread Book Awards: First Novel Category 1982.
- Author(s)Bruce Chatwin
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication30/07/1998
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Putnam Inc
- Out-of-print date11/10/2009
- Weight180 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.