Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever wanted to just leave everything and disappear? Can the instinct for survival overcome almost anything...? Leo Kemp's life should be idyllic. He has a job that he loves at the Institute of Marine Biology and he lives in Cape Cod with his wife and daughter. But beneath the tranquil surface of their lives, heartbreak lingers; a few years ago their son was drowned in an accident at sea and the family cant come to terms with his death. When Leo loses his job thanks to his outspoken views, he decides to go on one last field trip with his students. But the outing turns to tragedy when the sea rises up and Leo is thrown overboard. Despite everyone's best efforts, Leo is missing, presumed dead; lost at sea just like his son. The aftermath of the tragedy hits the community hard. But, amidst the grief, rumours that a man has been sighted living on an uninhabited island a few miles off shore begin to circulate. Could there be hope yet...?
- Author BiographyJames MacManus graduated from St Andrews University in Scotland in 1966 and has worked as a reporter and foreign correspondent for a number of national newspapers in the UK. He was the Paris correspondent, Africa Correspondent and then Middle East correspondent for the Guardian between 1974 and 1986. He joined The Times in November 1992 as Assistant Editor and took over as Managing Editor in September 1996. He is now Managing Director of the Times Literary Supplement. His first book, Ocean Devil, The Life and Legend of George Hogg, has been made into a major feature film called The Children of Huang Shi, directed by Roger Spottiswoode. On the Broken Shore is his first novel.
- Author(s)James MacManus
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight210 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.