Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $74.97Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.52Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $18.15
- AU $28.94Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- DescriptionJan Hardy is left to look after her two young children, and to face her bitter mother-in-law alone. But she cant continue to make a success of the crumbling Welsh farm and the life that goes with it. The only thing she kws about is handling horses. Jan is forced to move to Gloucestershire to be near her parents, increase her profile and raise her stakes as a horse racer, choosing also to look after problem horses and pursue her dream of gaining a training license. This, she hopes, will truly secure a future for her children. As she begins to make her tentative mark on the predominantly male training scene, Jan encounters numerous setbacks from her family and considerable financial difficulties. And to make things worse, certain characters seem determined to make her life as difficult as possible ... A remarkably accomplished first vel from a woman who kws what she is writing about - Daily Express .
- Author BiographyJenny Pitman OBE was one of the first women to be granted a professional license to train horses and in 1983 became the first female trainer to win the Grand National. She has achieved success in the world's toughest races. This is her first novel.
- Author(s)Jenny Pitman
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication08/11/2002
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPan Books
- Out-of-print date12/06/2014
- Weight309 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine37 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.