All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionBig business, financial institutions, and capitalist powers have wreaked much havoc on the Third World in the name of development. This book re-imagines development through a careful and imaginative exploration of some of the many ways that culture - in the broadest sense of lived experience and its representation - can recenter resistance, suggest alternative models, and advance critiques of development as it is currently practiced. The diverse group of scholars and activists who contribute chapters to the volume engage with the puzzle of how best to conceptualize an alternative development that improves the living conditions of women and men in different parts of the world and simultaneously demands solutions that focus on the integration of gender, diversity, and development with the realities of people's lives.
- Author BiographyKum-Kum Bhavnani is Professor of Sociology and Director of the program in Women, Culture, and Development at the University of California, Santa Barbara. John Foran is Professor of Sociology at the University of California, Santa Barbara. Priya Kurian teaches environmental politics and media and politics at the University of Waikato, New Zealand. Debashish Munshi teaches Management Communication at the University of Waikato, New Zealand.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/02/2009
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Development and Society
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 18
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white halftones, 4 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDebashish Munshi,John Foran,Kum-Kum Bhavnani,Priya Kurian
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.