All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionThe Elgin Marbles, brought to England from Athens in 1806, are the subject of three of Hazlitt's most famous and enduring essays: 'On the Elgin Marbles: the Illisus', 'On the Elgin Marbles' and 'Prose style and the Elgin Marbles'. They are presented here alongside four other essays on the visual arts, which brilliantly connect the vitality of painting with that of sculpture and writing prose.
- Author BiographyWilliam Hazlitt (1778-1830) was an English writer and is best remembered as an essayist and literary critic. Among his most famous collections of essays are 'Table Talk' (1821) and 'The Spirit of the Age' (1825).
- Author(s)William Hazlitt
- PublisherHesperus Press Ltd
- Date of Publication13/08/2008
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleOn
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHesperus Press Ltd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.