Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionMaking the association between our conscious experience and the physical world has been a perennial difficulty and, one could argue, over the ages has led humanity along a multitude of pathways in philosophy and belief. So far, at least in the author's eyes, ne of these efforts has led to a truly satisfying account of how consciousness can exist as a natural expression of the physical world. Now, after tackling the problem of consciousness for many years, the author thinks he finally has the basis for an explanation. The principal difficulty in forming an understanding arises from an artificial barrier thrown up by our own preconceived tions of existence which must first be surmounted. If your view on the world is one in which physical objects and the laws that govern them are distinct, that there is a measure of absolute existence and that the conscious experience is somehow set apart from these aspects, then prepare for a challenge.
- Author BiographyGeoffrey Collins is married with two sons. He has had careers as a professional pilot and as a software engineer and holds a BSc in mathematics through the Open University. A long-standing interest in artificial intelligence and its associated philosophical aspects has led Geoff to the completion of his first book 'On the Nature of Being' which he hopes will be enjoyed by anyone with a similar or passing interest.
- Author(s)Geoffrey Collins
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication03/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight179 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.