Save on Textbooks
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.34
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.57
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.55
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.57
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $80.34
- AU $48.62Trending at AU $54.02
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past two decades, chaos theory the perception of order previously hidden in phemena of apparent randomness and disorder has fundamentally transformed the natural sciences. In recent years, numerous scholars in the social sciences and humanities have attempted to adapt the insights of chaos theory to their studies of human cultural and social systems. Several of the world's leading anthropologists, such as Roy Wagner, Marshall Sahlins, Marilyn Strathern, and Arjun Appadurai have similarly drawn upon particular elements of chaos theory for their inspiration, but as yet there is focused, comprehensive treatment of the applicability of chaos theory to anthropology's distinctive ethgraphic and cross-cultural materials. This edited volume fills the gap, with both accessible theoretical discussions of chaos theory applications in anthropology and detailed ethgraphic and historical illustrations from Africa and Melanesia.
- Author(s)S. Mosko-mark
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication15/09/2005
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.