All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the history of Muslim Azerbaijan under Christian Orthodox Russian imperial rule and the attempts of the Russian administrators of the Caucasus to integrate the region into the empire. Firouzeh Mostashari presents the formation of a Russian colonial administration in the Muslim Caucasus; subsequent social, political and economic development and the local response to conquest, military rule and Russification. Central to the study is the concept of a religious and cultural frontier separating Orthodox Russia and Muslim Azerbaijan. On the Religious Frontier offers a fascinating insight into how the seeds of conflict in today's Caucasus were sown during Tsarist Russia.
- Author BiographyFirouzeh Mostashari is a historian and playwright. She is also the author of Tolstoy's Hidden Stories and has taught at Regis College, Harvard University and the University of Iowa.
- Author(s)Firouzeh Mostashari
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication31/03/2006
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleInternational Library of Historical Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 32
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight467 g
- Width162 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine22 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.