On the Road: Growing Up in Eight Journeys - My Early Years by Richard Hammond (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.23+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionMemoir of the early life of TV presenter Richard Hammond, told through eight significant road journeys he has taken. ON THE ROAD: MY LIFE IN EIGHT JOURNEYS is a new way of autobiography, in which TOP GEAR presenter Richard Hammond tells the story of his early life through a series of significant driving episodes. He's a child in the back seat of Dad's car on the way to the seaside in Weston-Super-Mare. He's on his first bike, a red one, in Solihull; then on his first motorcycle, a Honda MTX50. He's at the wheel of his first car (and in the book with his first girlfriend). He is driving a furniture delivery van as part of his first job in and around Ripon. Now he is showing off with a friend, risking everything. ON THE ROAD is an emotional road map in which each chapter has its own registration number, and its own distinctive interior. Most importantly, each chapter sets off and arrives. ON THE ROAD surges on to its destination, reversing or moving quickly through the gears, reliving the central episodes and conflicts of Richard's life. Every chapter is a stage in a longer journey. Although there are precious few road-rage mologues against four-wheel drivers and men in vests in white vans, Richard Hammond's readers will quickly recognise the funny self-deprecating and balanced ease that has made him one of Britain's best-loved writers and television presenters.
- Author BiographyRichard Hammond is internationally famous for co-presenting TOP GEAR with Jeremy Clarkson and James May. He has produced and presented insightful documentaries for BBC One, examining the lives of two of his heroes, Sir Stirling Moss and Evel Knievel. He is the author of a number of bestselling books including ON THE EDGE, AS YOU DO, and IS IT JUST ME? In 2015, Richard, Jeremy, James and Andy Wilman began work on THE GRAND TOUR for Amazon Prime. Richard is married to Mindy and has two daughters, Izzy and Willow. He shares his garage with a vast and ever-changing collection of motorcycles both vintage and current. Follow Richard Hammond on Twitter @RichardHammond and visit his website at www.thehamsterscage.co.uk
- Author(s)Richard Hammond
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication07/11/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWeidenfeld & Nicolson
- Content Noteblack & white plates, colour plates
- Weight548 g
- Width162 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.