CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionWyatt Earp, the Gunfight near the O.K. Corral, and related events happened in the larger context of an area in turmoil. The Tombstone Mining District was a fluid area, filled with hard working settlers, some of the nations best mining engineers, and some of the nations worst criminals. The Tombstone saga and its greatest conflicts were linked to incidents outside of Tombstone. A shooting near Drew's Station, drew Wyatt Earp more closely into conflict with the local outlaw element. This in turn would set in motion a chain of events that would in part lead to the West's most famous gunfight, the Gunfight near the O.K. Corral. The Earps were brought into court at Contention City over the shootings in Tombstone. The all important history of Drew's Station, Contention City, and Fairbank, Arizona Territory are w revealed for the first time ever. Heavily documented and thoroughly researched, many misconceptions about this portion of the wild west are brought to light, and a great deal of previously unpublished research is w available for the first time, bringing to light the key stories of these key locations along the road to Tombstone.
- Author BiographyA native of southeastern Arizona, John Rose has dedicated decades to the research and study of the vivid history that surrounds his home, in Cochise County. Mr. Rose has been published in the nation's top-selling western history magazine, has appeared in Arizona Highways magazine and television, and has been interviewed by Voice of America. As a nationally known expert of Cochise County history, he has published ground breaking articles extensively on his internet site known as Wyatt Earp Explorers.com. This critically acclaimed website has the largest readership of any Tombstone and Earp related site in the world. Rose's personal antique collection is one of the key Tombstone, Earp, and Charleston inventories, extending into the Arizona Territory, Geronimo, and the Apache Wars. It includes original documents and photos, saloon equipment, personal possessions of noted characters of those colorful times, and many other items. As he has said before, If you want to understand America, you have to come to the West; if you want to understand the West, you have to come to this [The San Pedro River] Valley. His first book, Charleston and Millville A.T. Hell on the San Pedro is a critically acclaimed commercial success. Now Mr. Rose turns his attention to the other key historic locations on the San Pedro River, Drew's Station, Contention City, Fairbank.
- Author(s)John D Rose
- Date of Publication04/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.