Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a treatment of single variable Calculus designed as an introductory tertiary level mathematics textbook for engineering and science students. The subject matter is developed by modelling physical problems, some of which would rmally be encountered by students as experiments in a first year physics course. The solutions to these problems provide a means of introducing mathematical concepts as they are needed. The book presents all of the material from a traditional first year calculus course, but it will appear for different purposes and in a different order from standard texts. The book rationale is that mathematics should be introduced in a context that is tailored to the needs of the audience. Each mathematical concept is introduced when it is needed to solve a particular practical problem, so at all stages, the student should be able to connect the mathematical concept with a particular physical idea or problem. Every chapter includes examples and exercises, with additional examples and answers at the endof the book.
- Author(s)Geoff Smith,Gordon McClelland
- PublisherUNSW Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2002
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintUNSW Press
- Weight520 g
- Width176 mm
- Height240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.