All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionThe book you are about to read is a surprisingly poignant and truthful account of what it is like to live with an alcoholic. The author achieves far more however than merely reflect on the difficulties experienced in a relationship bent on destruction through alchohol dependency. There are interesting sections based on the history of alcohol, evolution of the condition, what might play a role in encouraging a person to turn to drink in the first place and a comprehensive assessment of the effects of alcohol on the body and mind. Heart-wrenching anecdotes tell how excessive drinking can affect those who love and care for the alcoholic, with emphasis on the irreconcilable damage it can have on family relationships, the educational propensity and future personality of one's children. Most importantly, the book takes a step back from the negative aspects of drink-related consequences and sets out to provide valuable help to any person who wishes to abstain from heavy drinking and turn their life around. Retrospective advice is given to those who wish to help this person and who also wish to provide a more harmonious and happier environment for themselves and other family members.
- Author BiographyThe author has had first-hand experience of living with someone with an alcohol dependency. She has chosen to write about her experiences and try and help others in the same position and also those who wish to put an end to their addiction. Since the breakdown of her marriage and leaving the matrimonial home with her children, she has acquired a BSc (Hons) in Psychology and is devoted to her cause of helping others go 'on the wagon'.
- Author(s)Janey Jackson
- Date of Publication02/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight77 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Joe Jackson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.