All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $12.29Trending at AU $17.31
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
About this product
- DescriptionThe vel is dedicated to the last King of Portugal, King Manuel II. He was young, handsome, and capable, but t understood by his people. He came to the throne during an unfortunate period in the governance of the Portuguese State, for as the second son, he had t been prepared to rule. He was a free spirit, creative and peaceful, drawn to nature and beautiful things. He always hated politics and its devious workings, and he could t abide traitors. He suffered much in his life, losing both his father and his brother who were assassinated; subsequently he relinquished the throne of Portugal following a coup d'etat. Despite his exile in England, Manuel remained passionately loyal to his country which lingered eternally in his heart. He left his entire estate to Portugal through the foundation that would carry on his family's name and serve as a testament forever to his love of his country.
- Author(s)Corinne Wandenburg
- Date of Publication09/08/2013
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationDolj
- Country of PublicationRomania
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight112 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.