All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.34
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.57
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.55
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.57
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $80.34
- AU $48.62Trending at AU $54.02
About this product
- DescriptionOnce Remembered, Twice Lived is a vel set in Barcelona, Spain, that traces the stories of two families of different backgrounds united by marriage. The lives of three generations, spanning from 1900 to the 1970's, are touched by private tragedy as well as by the Civil War of 1936. Rather than being linear, however, the narrative is circular and impressionistic, prompted by recall rather than by conventional chrology: Characters who die in the third chapter may reappear in the twentieth, reminding us that memory is the only possible victor over time.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Roser Caminals-Heath is an associate professor of Spanish at Hood College (Frederick, MD, USA). Born in Barcelona, Spain, she received her B.A., M.A. and Ph.D. from the University of Barcelona, and has lived in the U.S. since 1981. She has published a scholarly translation of a classic Spanish novel, The House of Ulloa (1992) and several essays and reviews in professional journals such as The Georgia Review and The American Book Review. Currently, she is the fiction editor of The Monocacy Valley Review.
- Author(s)Roser Caminals-Heath
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/1993
- Series TitleCatalan Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1993
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight355 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.