All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionOnce Upon A Time is a book about childhood. To raise money for the NSPCC over fifty celebrities from show business, religion and politics have written touching accounts of their own childhoods. Some of these are simply hilarious but a number are as touching as Dickens and pull at the heartstrings. Children are our future and they need to be protected, so in celebrating childhood this book is also celebrating the future.In all these accounts there is an understanding that children must be at the forefront of our attention and that they can give us a glimpse of hope in the modern world. The NSPCC fights on their behalf.There could be better theme for a book designed to raise money for the NSPCC - to alleviate the suffering and deprivation of young people. Today, children are too often the victims of hardship and cruelty and this book will drive home the message with poignancy.Contributors include Tony Blair, David Jason, Chris Tarrant, June Whitfield, Sir Roger Moore and Meera Syal.
- Author(s)Greg Watts,Michell Aspell,Vince Powell
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/05/2004
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.), ports. (chiefly col.)
- Weight472 g
- Width220 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.