Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionChristmas is a most wonderful time as we think once again on the season's true focus: the birth of the Baby whose life, death, and resurrection have reshaped history. The reflections in this collection found their inspiration in a variety of sources: * Songs of the season, old and new, sacred and secular, from Canada, Britain, and the U. S., including two new carols by the author * A Christmas quote from Hamlet * Soldiers who stopped fighting to celebrate Christmas Eve and Christmas Day * John Grisham's seriocomic vel about a man who tries to skip Christmas * Grumblings of a grade school boy who is forced to take a bath * Rheta Grimsley Johnson's newspaper column comparing Christmas with marriage * A Holiday visit to a bombed-out British cathedral * A painting in a London church basement * A three-year-old's first part in a pageant * A family Christmas letter telling about the young husband's bout with cancer * Classic Christmas stories: Charles Dickens's A Christmas Carol, Henry Van Dyke's The Story of the Other Wise Man, and O. Henry's The Gift of the Magi * A play about men who remember Christmas while they are prisoners of terrorists * A few personal memories from the author's childhood, youth, and adult years *The title essay is taken from the plainest of tree decorations--a clear plastic disc with these words: Once for a shining hour, heaven touched the earth. The book is written with the prayer that the readings will provide food for your thoughts -- some of which you may need to chew on a while -- and that they will enrich your Christmas.
- Author BiographyBorn near Sweetwater, Texas, Lawrence Webb is a minister, emeritus professor at Anderson University, and teacher of the popular Baraca Radio Bible Class which originates on WRIX-FM in Anderson, South Carolina, and is heard online at www.andersonfbc.org. He has written countless newspaper stories and hundreds of inspirational and study articles for nationally distributed religious publications. His earlier seasonal book, Christmas Memories from Seven to Seventy, recounts Christmases from childhood to retirement in several states. He has served churches in Texas, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, and New York. He and his wife Pansy have two sons, two daughters-in-law, and two grandchildren.
- Author(s)Lawrence Webb
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication30/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.