All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- Description<b>More important and timely than ever-a collection of illuminating essays on the shifting definition of the modern American family. </b> Edited by bestselling writer Rebecca Walker, this fascinating exploration of today's American family features essays by prominent voices such as Z.Z. Packer, Dan Savage, Min Jin Lee, Asha Bandele, Neal Pollack, and others, on subjects such as: - Open marriage- Gay Marriage - Green-card marriage - Interclass Marriage - Prison marriage - Househusbands - Open adoption - Transracial adoption - Sperm donation - Single motherhood - Polyamory - Living with in-laws - Parenting a disabled child - Bisexual marriage - Divorce Blended Families - Bicultural families - Relationships with child-care providers - Multiracial families - Home schooling - Equal parenting - Expatriate families An unabashed celebration of love in all its diversity and complexity, <i>One Big Happy Family</i> is destined to become a definitive text on the modern American family.
- Author BiographyRebecca Walker has received numerous awards and accolades for her writing and activism. Her work has appeared in many anthologies and publications; in addition to the international bestseller <i>Black, White, and Jewish</i>, her books include <i>Baby Love: Choosing Motherhood After a Lifetime of Ambivalence</i>, and the anthologies <i>To Be Real: Telling the Truth and Changing the Face of Feminism</i>, which has become a standard text in gender studies courses around the world, and <i>What Makes a Man: 22 Writers Imagine the Future</i>. A popular speaker at universities and in business settings, Walker teaches the art of memoir at workshops and writing conferences internationally. She lives in Hawaii.
- Author(s)Rebecca Walker
- PublisherRiverhead Books
- Date of Publication02/02/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRiverhead Books
- Weight222 g
- Width136 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.