All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Kenyan Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man . . . suffused by a love affair with language. Publishers Weekly, Top Ten Books of 2011In this vivid and compelling memoir, Binyavanga Wainaina tumbles through his middle-class Kenyan childhood out of kilter with the world around him. In One Day I Will Write About This Place, named a 2011 New York Times table book, Wainaina brilliantly evokes family, tribe, and nationhood in joyous, ecstatic language.
- Author BiographyBinyavanga Wainaina is the founding editor of Kwani?, a leading African literary magazine. He won the 2002 Caine Prize for African Writing, and has written for Vanity Fair, Granta, and The New York Times. Wainaina directs the Chinua Achebe Center for African Writers and Artists at Bard College.
- Author(s)Binyavanga Wainaina
- PublisherGraywolf Press
- Date of Publication04/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: Literary
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGraywolf Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width141 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $18.25Trending at AU $21.79
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.13
- AU $43.40Trending at AU $47.84
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $36.64
- AU $43.28Trending at AU $48.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.