Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.20Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by pozorbooks
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first book on nduality intended for a mainstream audience. Nonduality means t two or One without a second. That One has many names-God, consciousness, truth, the Self-and the writings in this collection turn the reader toward this ndual reality. This is done through the practice of inquiry, in which questions about the source of one's action or thought lead one to see the fact of n-separation, and through expressions of nduality in art, music, scriptures, and diverse areas of ordinary life. In gaining an understanding of the ndual nature of life, one can live with greater integrity and joy, because the truth of existence is seen and lived. Often called Advaita in the East, nduality describes the singular wholeness of existence that suggests that the personal self is an illusion. Nonduality is the basis of much of ancient Eastern thought, and there is a growing interest in it among Western spiritual seekers. The book covers religious and cultural expressions of nduality, ndual spiritual practices, and the philosophical underpinnings of the ndual perspective. This very lively and diverse collection includes readings from Ramana Maharshi, Ibn 'Arabi, the Tao Te Ching, Ohiyesa, the Diamond Sutra, the Avadhuta Gita, Bernadette Roberts, Kabbalah, ndual psychotherapy (John Prendergast), education (Steven Harrison), art (Jerry Wennstrom), and the movie The Matrix (Pradheep Chhalliyil). It's a sourcebook for understanding this profound perspective and how it relates to our lives. One conveys what nduality itself is, in a nacademic style that draws heavily on modern, popular writing on the subject. Included are lively passages from major traditions-Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism, Christianity, Judaism, and Islam. This new take on an ancient philosophy makes it relevant for modern lives.
- Author BiographyJerry KatzJ received an M.S. in biology from the University of New Mexico. He has been interested in human consciousness since childhood, and has investigating many spiritual teachings. In 1997, he introduced the website that would become Nonduality.com, which brings the teaching of nonduality to an audience beyond ashrams and academic institutions. In 1998, he founded Nonduality Salon.
- Author(s)Jerry Katz
- PublisherSentient Publications
- Date of Publication20/02/2007
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationBoulder, Colorado
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSentient Publications
- Weight313 g
- Width154 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.