All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.55
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionEvery time a congregation gathers for worship, many different people, from different points in life, with different needs and perspectives come together; each refracting messages through their own lenses. Each person processes communication in ways that are influenced by age, gender, race, personality type, ethnicity, education, and social and ecomic backgrounds. Jeter and Allen explore how these factors affect the ways in which members of the congregation receive and process sermons, and how the preacher can optimize the opportunity for each to hear and understand the gospel and one ather.
- Author BiographyRonald J. Allen is Nettie Sweeney and Hugh Th. Miller Professor of Preaching and New Testament at Christian Theological Seminary in Indianapolis. He is author of many books, including Patterns of Preaching and Interpreting the Gospel, and coauthor of One Gospel, Many Ears and Listening to Listeners, all from Chalice Press. Joseph R. Jeter, Jr., is Granville and Erline Walker Professor of Homiletics at Brite Divinity School, Fort Worth, Texas, and is the author of Re/Membering from Chalice Press.
- Author(s)Jr. Joseph R. Jeter,Ronald Allen
- PublisherChalice Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2002
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationSaint Louis, MO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChalice Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight312 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.