All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $120.58Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.71
About this product
- DescriptionOne Green Thumb and Nine Sticky Fingers is both a serious and humorous guide that highlights some of the ancient sacred rituals and cycles and will inspire both today's vice and expert gardeners. Natural cycles are the spine and theme of One Green Thumb. My book reminds my readers that to survive, modern man must live in balance with plants and animals. This book will inspire individuals and families who want to learn how to understand and grow organic vegetables and flowers, enjoy the protection and privacy of trees, and promote a more balanced lifestyle for themselves and humanity. Mother Nature's rhythmic cycles are signposts that guide the reader through mankind's eons of trial and error with her gifts: the ability to recognize wild weeds as edible herbs, as well as to plant and harvest healthy organic plants. The reader learns here to follow the simplest rules of horticulture to maintain humans', animals', and insects' life cycle integrity. We can learn to re-educate ourselves to respect all creatures right to life without poisoning ourselves with toxic chemicals. With inspiration and education today's gardeners will contribute toward a more harmonious and productive future environment for humanity.
- Author BiographyOne Green Thumb is written from more than fifteen years as a Master Gardener, teacher, landscape designer, and landscape consultant for Sperling Nursery and Landscape Company in Calabasas, Calif. one of the most well-established landscaping companies in Los Angeles. As a Theatre Arts major in college, I share personal observations and research in mythology, folklore, theatre, history, and anthropology. Readers will hopefully become better gardeners and world citizens as they recognize themselves as a pivotal force in our planet's future.
- Author(s)MR Richard C Blaisdell
- Date of Publication02/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.