One Grump or Two: The Grumpy Guide to Modern Life, from Call Centres to Getting a Decent Cup of Tea by Arthur Grump (Hardback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAll you want is a decent cup of tea. But oh , modern Britain doesn't want to give you that. It wants to sell you a fancy Dan coffee in a mug the size of a popcorn bucket, complete with double cream, chocolate sprinkles, and change from a five pound te. And that's just for starters. Everywhere you look, modern life has turned common sense completely on its head. Call centres keep you on hold from three different continents. Train doors close thirty seconds before departure. And as if there wasn't eugh cheese on your pizza already, they're w stuffing it into your crust as well. From speed cameras to organic vegetables, mobile phones to celebrity idiots, this hilarious new book lays bare the sheer lunacy of modern living. One Grump or Two is for everyone who has ever found Great Britain is starting to grate, and dreams of a world where football matches start at 3 o'clock on a Saturday afteron, the top forty is full of songs you can whistle in the bath, and cafes still serve you a proper cup of tea.
- Author BiographyArthur Grump is very, very grumpy.
- Author(s)Arthur Grump
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication15/09/2008
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteBlack and white illustrations throughout
- Weight276 g
- Width134 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.