All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne Hen is the latest title from the creators of If The World Were a Village, Tree of Life and One Well. It is the perfect way to introduce children to the concept and importance of sustainable development. One Hen tells the story of Kojo, a young Ghanaian boy who uses a micro loan to buy a chicken, so he can sell the eggs to make money. Through hard work, Kojo soon earns eugh to go back to school. He grows up to own his own farm, employing many people in his village, and contributing to Ghana's development. The story illustrates how a small loan can have a huge impact on many people's lives if used in the right way. Striking artwork and 'House that Jack Built'-style captions lead the reader through Kojo's progress. At the end of the book, the story of the real-life Kojo is told.
- Author BiographyKatie Smith Milway has coordinated community development programmes in Africa and Latin America for Food for the Hungry International, and was a delegate to the 1992 Earth Summit. She writes books and articles on sustainable development and is currently editorial director for an international management consultancy. One Hen is her second book for children. Eugenie Fernandes is an award-winning picture book author and illustrator.
- Author(s)Katie Smith Milway
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/01/2009
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content NoteFull-colour, full-page artwork throughout
- Weight190 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Eugenie Fernandes
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.56
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.86
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.91
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.71
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $32.94Trending at AU $34.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.