CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.22
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.74
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.13
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.26
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $49.55Trending at AU $56.21
About this product
- Description1901 in the rth of England a wealthy family man, gives his daughter's newly born illegitimate baby boy to chosen adoptive parents together with a lump sum of money for his education. The daughter is sent to America to live with relatives. John, a happy and content child is raised in Simon's Town, South Africa. When his parents decide to return to England, he discovers by chance that he is adopted. Traumatised by this and the death of his father John struggles to suppress his shame and disillusionment. Love comes to him through Molly, but is dramatically brought to an end when she dies after giving birth to their daughter. Distraught by further grief he turns to alcohol for comfort. As a reporter he lives through his work. He travels to America and falls in love with the lovely Victoria Delaney, whose life is also blighted with shame and secrets. Their secrets have one thing in common, her father. This secret has an ermous impact on their relationship. Family history repeats itself. John refuses to search out the truth, and yet he eventually comes face to face with circumstances beyond his control.
- Author(s)Pamela Darling
- Date of Publication28/12/2012
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight371 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.