Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
About this product
- DescriptionI am a seventy-three year old widow. Over the last fifty years, my husband and I fostered more than one hundred children, keeping many of them for several years. This book is my effort to put my life into some perspective, to gain for myself some insight into WHY I continued to say yes when the call came, often at great cost to my own family, and maybe to find the way to finally end what has been, for me, a fulfilling experience. Fostering has been my life's work. I put the children's stories in the form of case studies, and shared the feelings we experienced, as well as difficulties we encountered and solutions we reached. The facts of each child's life are true, to the very best of my memory. As I found myself continuing through the years, writing about each child in the chrological order in which they came to us, I changed each name to protect the identities of the children and their families.
- Author BiographyJudyth Y. Foley, M.A. ONE HUNDRED CHILDREN is her very first book, the story of her family's life as a foster family in Los Angeles, California. The book is written in the form of more than one hundred separate stories of each of the foster children who shared their home over a span of fifty years. The author has retired, after twenty-five years as a Social Worker and Program Director of foster family agencies in the Los Angeles area. She now lives in Kauai, Hawaii, near one of her daughters, and three of her grandchildren. Her very first foster son and his large Hawaiian family live nearby. She has finished a second book, NIKOS BROWN.
- Author(s)MS Judyth y Foley M a
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication03/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight553 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.