All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionFully revised for UK and Northern European climates. The best and cheapest food is the food you grow in your own garden. One Magic Square shows how you can start your own productive food garden in ten minutes a day on a single square metre. With simple plot designs starting with salads and gradually expanding to include beans, tomatoes, corn, roots and much more; you can take the first steps in growing your own food organically. These bite-sized designs allow you to extend by one square metre each season, or pick your favourites to add a bit of excitement to your cooking. The magic of square-metre gardening is in allowing you to keep your garden manageable even as your self-sufficiency increases. The book covers: * How to grow food one square metre at a time * Plot designs from basic to complex, with * Ideas for specific diets and tastes * Ideas for moving towards food self-sufficiency * Tips and tricks * Descriptions of food plants * The benefits of companion planting For beginners and more experienced gardeners, this book has a wealth of information and guidance.
- Author BiographyLolo Houbein was born in Holland and later moved to Australia. She is well known as n author of fiction and non-fiction, including gardening books. Food security - and the absence of it - has been a lifelong preoccupation for her.
- Author(s)Lolo Houbein
- PublisherGreen Books
- Date of Publication05/02/2015
- Place of PublicationTotnes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGreen Books
- Content Note63 colour illustrations, 17 diagrames
- Width200 mm
- Height200 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.