All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionExperience five wildly different journeys across America. Dip your toes into the Pacific Ocean after pedaling 4,100 miles with a silver-haired, spitfire grandma on a trike. Feel your lungs explode as you struggle the last few miles up and over the Rocky Mountains with Dick & Rick on their bike/wheelchair. Beg your quivering biceps to stay in the race with Team Can Be Venture racing their hand cycles. Hear the wheels of your skateboard hug the hairpin turns down the Appalachians as Jack shares the memory of his son across the US. Find refreshment in the warm, bottled water taste of youthful idealism as Matt and Brandon run mile after mile, sharing their dream to bring clean water to the children of Africa. These are the stories of individuals who crossed America, sometimes under harsh conditions, to spotlight individuals with disabilities, share memories of loved ones, or help those in need. This book is a celebration of strength. Of ordinary folks doing extraordinary things with their lives. Of shouting in the face of obstacles, Yes, I can! Of living life based on what it can be instead of what is. Share their powerful stories as they leave footprints of compassion and selflessness in their wake, road warriors in search of adventure.
- Author BiographyJanet Buckwalter gathered the material for this book and wrote about her own adventure crossing the U. S. on a recumbent tricycle. She made her journey over a three-year period, traveling from Yorktown, Virginia, to Kentucky on the first leg, the following year making a trip from Colorado back to Kentucky, and, finally, pedaling from Colorado to the Pacific Ocean.
- Author(s)Janet Buckwalter
- PublisherSartoris Literary Group
- Date of Publication30/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSartoris Literary Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.