All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis classic of theatre criticism is re-issued -with a new Foreword by the author - to mark his thirtieth year as a drama critic; One Night Stands is Michael Billington's own selection from twenty years of reviewing theatre for the Guardian - from 1971-1991. Ten years on, he is still at the Guardian: the longest serving theatre critic still writing - and by far the most respected. Arranged chrologically, with a five-thousand word introduction on the role of the critic, these reviews and occasional 'think pieces' add up to an authoritative yet highly personal history of the British theatre over two vital decades at the end of the twentieth century.
- Author BiographyMichael Billington has been the theatre critic of the Guardian since 1971. Amongst other books, he has written biographies of Peggy Ashcroft and Harold Pinter. He lives in West London.
- Author(s)Michael Billington
- PublisherNick Hern Books
- Date of Publication26/10/2001
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNick Hern Books
- Weight497 g
- Width136 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.