All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFramed as a discussion between a pastor six months out of seminary and a veteran pastor, this book tackles the issues of how churches grow and how church size determines effective strategy for ministry. The pastors' Saturday morning dialogues reveal ten areas that will help readers understand their own church's psychology, addressing questions such as: How do churches grow? How does change take place? What is the church's orientation? How is the church structured? Who sets the direction? What is the pastor's role? This is a vital resource for any new pastor, church planter, or lay leader concerned about his or her local church. Each chapter concludes with a Taking It Home segment.
- Author BiographyDr. Gary L. McIntosh is a nationally known author, speaker, educator, consultant, and professor of Christian ministry and leadership at Talbot School of Theology, Biola University, located in La Mirada, California. He has written extensively in the field of pastoral ministry, leadership, generational studies, and church growth. Dr. McIntosh received his B.A. from Colorado Christian University in Biblical Studies, an M.Div. from Western C.B. Seminary in Pastoral Studies, and a D.Min. from Fuller Theological Seminary in Church Growth Studies. As President of The McIntosh Church Growth Network, a church consulting firm he founded in 1989, Dr. McIntosh has served over 500 churches in 53 denominations throughout the United States and Canada. The 1995 and 1996 President of the American Society for Church Growth, he edits both the Church Growth Network newsletter and the Journal of the American Society for Church Growth.
- Author(s)Gary McIntosh
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/08/1999
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRevell, a division of Baker Publishing Group
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.