All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe luxuriously printed duotone photographs in One are accompanied by essays from esteemed contemporary authors Adam Gopnik, Susan Orlean, Francine Prose and Andrew Solomon. Patti Smith contributes the book's foreword while Dr Samantha Boardman writes the introduction. Contributions from such diverse luminaries emphasise the widespread appeal such incent, unguarded beauty has for so many people.
- Author BiographyAfter completing his studies in fine art, Edward Mapplethorpe assisted his older brother Robert (1946-1989) in his studio throughout the 1980s. In 1990, Mapplethorpe launched his solo career establishing a distinct and personal style. His luminous nudes, portraits, still lives, and abstract works have been exhibited and collected throughout the United States and in major cities around the world. Mapplethorpe lives and works in New York City with his wife and one-year-old son. For more information visit his website: www.edwardmapplethorpe.comPatti Smith is a world-renowned songwriter, performer, artist, and writer. Just Kids was awarded the 2010 National Book Award. Her memoir M Train was released in 2015. Samantha Boardman M.D. is a Clinical Instructor in Psychiatry and Public Health and Assistant Attending Psychiatrist at Weill Cornell Medical College. Dr. Boardman lives and works in New York City. Andrew Solomon is a writer and lecturer on psychology, politics, and culture and an activist in LGBT rights, mental health, and the arts. Solomon has received the National Book Award and the National Book Critics Circle Award. He is currently the President of PEN American Center.Francine Prose is a novelist and critic. She is a Visiting Professor of Literature at Bard College and lives in New York City. In 2006 she was a recipient of the Rome Prize.Adam Gopnik is a writer, essayist and lecturer. He is best known as a staff writer for The New Yorker, a position he has held since 1986. In 2013 Gopnik was awarded the medal of Chevalier of the Order of Arts and Letters by the French Republic.Susan Orlean is the bestselling author of eight books and has been a staff writer for The New Yorker since 1992.
- Author(s)Edward Mapplethorpe
- PublisherpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication28/04/2016
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Content Note60
- Weight1380 g
- Width253 mm
- Height320 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Introduction byPatti Smith
- Foreword bySamantha Boardman
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.