Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionNearly everyone in America is interested in sports. However, many people are becoming disenchanted. Media coverage is dominated by scandalous stories involving many of America's best kwn figures in nearly all major sports. Fans have come to see professional athletes, in general, as being overpaid, immature and obxious. Ticket prices have become outrageously exorbitant. Many fans feel that they have been betrayed by something that they once held so dear. One Fan Left Behind, written by a typical, longtime sports fan, speaks to and for those fans. Some of the issues addressed are controversial and may serve as catalysts for further thought. Many dubious things about sports are blithely taken for granted. For instance, did you ever wonder why it is that if a basketball player is fouled in the act of shooting 25 feet from the basket, (a shot which he was probably going to miss anyway) he gets to move ten feet closer to the hoop to shoot three free throws? But if he is fouled in the act of shooting a lay up, (a shot which he rarely misses) he has to move several feet further from the basket to shoot only two free throws. One Fan Left Behind is written in a style which is lighthearted, entertaining and at times, tongue-in-cheek. Portions could be used as a stand-up comedy routine. Other segments can be described as stalgic, poignant and/or deadly serious. The topic is singularly timely. So many things happen every day that it was difficult for the author to finish writing this book. He had to simply drop the pencil and stop writing. The story is still unfolding.
- Author(s)William D. Butler
- Date of Publication27/10/2011
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight415 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.