All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.33
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.16
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.21
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $46.07
- AU $49.28Trending at AU $65.48
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.15
- AU $35.63Trending at AU $50.64
About this product
- DescriptionInternationally acclaimed designer and illustrator Dan Stiles offers a collection of over 200 concert posters for many of today's leading acts including Arctic Monkeys, The XX, Sonic Youth, Girl Talk, and hundreds more. From Indie Rock to Dance Punk, these lovingly screen-printed posters provide a visual narrative of the music that shaped the last decade. Including extensive writing by Stiles and a foreword by famed rock poster historian Paul Grushkin, One Thing Leads to Ather is a glorious celebration of both music and design.
- Author BiographyOver the past twenty years, Dan Stiles has collaborated with everyone from indie bands to major corporations in creating posters, identities, advertising, custom packaging, and limited edition collectable art and merchandise. His clients range from Arctic Monkeys, Sonic Youth, and Wilco to the X Games, IBM, and Old Navy. He draws from a broad swath of influences including classic skateboard graphics, album covers, modern art and design, children's books, comics, psychedelia, and vintage advertising. Dan recently published two children's books, Put On Your Shoes, and Today I'm Going to Wear... He lives with his wife and daughters in Portland, Oregon. Website: http: //www.danstiles.com. For more than forty years Paul Grushkin has been recognized as an expert in rock concert poster history, and for several years was concert promoter Bill Graham's personal and company archivist. He is the author of seven books on music and posters, all bestsellers worldwide. Grushkin lives in the San Francisco Bay Area and contributes to newspapers, magazines, radio, and blogs. He lectures extensively about rock concert history, concert poster history, and pop culture of the '50s - present day.
- Author(s)Daniel Stiles,Mark Brickey,Paul Grushkin
- PublisherpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Content Note1
- Weight891 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.