All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionAn absolute must-read for anyone who loves books In Closing Time, Joe Queenan shared how he became a voracious reader to escape a joyless childhood. Now, like many bibliophiles, he fears for the books that once saved him. In One for the Books, Queenan examines the entire culture of reading and what books really mean in people s lives today. What does it suggest if a person has books displayed in his living room? Can an obsession with reading prove detrimental to one s well being? How useful are covers in selling books? Queenan s many fans as well as anyone who loves books and reading will want to join him on his unforgettably funny and moving journey.
- Author BiographyJoe Queenan is the author of nine books and writes the Moving Targets column for the Wall Street Journal. He lives in Tarrytown, New York.
- Author(s)Joe Queenan
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication30/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Penguin Press
- Weight181 g
- Width127 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.