Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description101 chance meetings, juxtaposing the famous and the infamous, the artistic and the philistine, the pompous and the comical, the sbbish and the vulgar, told by Britain's funniest writer. Life is made up of humans meeting one ather. They speak, or don't speak. They get on, or fall out. They laugh, they cry, are excited, are indifferent. One on One is a chain of 101 extraordinary but true encounters, from Tolstoy rumbling Tchaikovsky in 1876 to George Galloway baiting Michael Barrymore in 2006. The Royal Family giggle at T.S. Eliot, Walter Sickert draws the curtains on the carol-singing Edward Heath, Youssoupoff assassinates Rasputin, Marilyn Monroe commissions Frank Lloyd Wright. Circular in its construction, paramic in its breadth, One on One is a book like other. 'Brown's glorious book is an original and a complete delight' Miranda Seymour, Sunday Times, Books of the Year
- Author BiographyCraig Brown has been writing the Private Eye celebrity diary since 1989. He has also written parodies for many other publications, including The Daily Telegraph, Vanity Fair, The Times and The Guardian. He is the author of several books, most recently 'The Lost Diaries' and 'One on One'.
- Author(s)Craig Brown
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication05/07/2012
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFourth Estate Ltd
- Weight260 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,B-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.