All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides tips for those assisting second language writers. One-on-one encounters with writers often contribute more to the development of student writing abilities than any classroom activity because they are personalized and responsive to individual needs. For the encounters to be successful, however, the tutors, teachers, and consultants must be prepared, must be kwledgeable of what it means to write and the factors that make writing more and less effective, and must also kw the students. This guide focuses on the body of kwledge that those conferencing with second language writers need in order to be able to think on their feet, recognize needs, and steer conversations in productive directions. It provides tips about activities that can be adapted to individual contexts, authentic writing samples to practice with, a glossary, and a list of useful resources. The book is appropriate for use in university and secondary school writing centers, teacher training programs for both general composition and ESOL instructors, and as an individual reference tool. The book attempts to use n-technical language, although termilogy is introduced where it is felt that it might be useful when conferencing with students.
- Author BiographyDudley W. Reynolds is Professor of Applied Linguistics and Writing at Carnegie Mellon University's Qatar Foundation.
- Author(s)Dudley W. Reynolds
- PublisherThe University of Michigan Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2009
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Michigan Press
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.