All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA fully-illustrated resource book for parents and children working together at home, based upon a sensitive approach to education that recognises that each child has individual needs. Comprehensive sections on reading, writing and arithmetic, plus extensive practical advice on gardening, cooking and crafts as after-school and weekend activities. One-to-One is a practical guide and reference book for parents who want to help their children enjoy the early years of their education. It is relevant both to children who attend school and also to those who learn at home full-time. Comprehensive sections on learning to read, learning to write and arithmetic, show how these subjects can be taught in such a way as to encourage a child's enthusiasm for learning by making every aspect of it enjoyable. Sections on art, cooking, gardening and crafts give practical advice on how these activities can be employed to counterbalance the stresses and strains associated with school. Gareth Lewis's clearly-reasoned arguments lead to some surprising conclusions about the efficacy of many currently-popular educational practices, but this is t a book that criticises the educational system - instead it outlines a coherent and practical response to everyday problems, that is within the scope of all parents who care about their children's education.
- Author BiographyGareth Lewis has extensive teaching experience, having taught Mathematics and Science in state schools and Steiner schools, and worked as a private tutor for children with special needs. For the past twelve years he has home educated his three children, with his wife Lin. They moved to Brittany, France in 1994 where they have a smallholding from which they operate an independent publishing company, Nezert Books. The illustrations in One-to-One are by Bethan, Wendy and Samuel Lewis - self-taught artists following the principles laid out in the book. Gareth is editor of the Freedom-in-Education website and the Freedom-in-Education E-newsletter.
- Author(s)Gareth Lewis,Lin Lewis
- PublisherNezert Books
- Date of Publication01/02/2003
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationMalton, Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNezert Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight660 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Illustrator(s)Bethan Lewis,Wendy Lewis,Samuel Lewis
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.