Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $71.16Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionThe expanding field of adult learning encompasses the study and practice of utilizing sound instructional design principals, techlogy, and learning theory as a means to solve educational challenges and human performance issues relating to adults, often occurring online. Online Education and Adult Learning: New Frontiers for Teaching Practices disseminates current issues and trends emerging in the field of adult e-learning and online instruction for the design of better products and services. This advanced publication provides theoretical understanding of the essential links between authentic learning, social psychology, instructional design, e-learning, online education, and various additional methods of adult learning.
- Author BiographyTerry T. Kidd (firstname.lastname@example.org) received his doctoral education training from the Texas A&M University and has previous graduate training in information systems, human resources development, and instructional technology. Kidd has presented at international conferences on designing technology rich learning environments, technology adoption and diffusion, and issues dealing with faculty and staff development within organizational contexts. His research interests include e-learning and information and communication technology innovation and diffusion within an educational and community context to support teaching, learning, and human capital development as well as how the social and cultural experiences of race, gender, class, and power shapes one's ability to adopt e-learning and information and communication technology. Kidd is an experienced educator, consultant, and researcher in the field. He is the editor of the Handbook of Research on Instructional Systems Technology; the Handbook of Research on Technology Project Management, Planning, and Operations; Social Information Technology: Connecting Society and Cultural Issues; and Wired for Learning: An Educators Guide to Web 2.0.
- PublisherIGI Global
- Date of Publication15/09/2009
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationHershey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInformation Science Reference
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight1157 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byTerry T. Kidd
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.