All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGrounded in the district's Learner - Learner Model, participants in Virtual Learning Communities co-construct kwledge, refine their thinking, and expand their boundaries of learning opportunities across the boundaries of physical proximity, leading to higher levels of teaching effectiveness and new structures of learning. This book provides a hands-on guide to school leaders who wish to enact such high-powered, system-wide professional learning experiences leading to enhanced collaboration across geographical boundaries and higher levels of student achievement.
- Author BiographyDr. Sonja Hollins-Alexander has been in the field of education for 24 years with 18 of those being in educational leadership at the school, district and higher education levels. During this time, she has served as a school social worker, teacher, assistant principal, principal, assistant director, director, chief of staff, adjunct professor, senior consultant and currently serves as an independent consultant and a developer/trainer of Personalized Learning Coaches in the Department of Professional Learning for a school district in Metro Atlanta, GA. Through her professional journey she has had experiences in Strategic Planning, Organizational Improvement, Policy Development, Project and Program Management, Stakeholder Communication and Engagement, Budget Planning, Grant Writing, Instructional Design, Curriculum Development and Implementation, Facilitator of Adult Learning, Leadership Coaching, Conference Facilitation and Design, Effective School Reform Planning, Quality Assurance Team Member for AdvancED and fully engaged in the development and use of Online Collaborative/Instructional Software. She is the author of Online Professional Development through Virtual Learning Communities, Corwin Press (2013).
- Author(s)Sonja Hollins-Alexander
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication14/07/2013
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.