All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.63
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $114.18
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.73
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.35
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.69
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.47
About this product
- DescriptionA gripping adventure story based on real historic quests for the priceless buried treasures of ancient Egypt. How do you lose an army of fifty thousand without a trace? Napoleon's invasion of Egypt turned into a treasure hunt with ancient sites plundered to enhance France's museums and palaces. When, in 1799, Napoleon learned his position in Egypt was untenable due to the British blockade, Bonaparte ordered that the best gold and jewel encrusted loot be buried to be retrieved at a later date. In 1805, when the political situation allowed, Bonaparte organised a large caravan to set out in secrecy with armed escort into the Great Sand Sea, south of the Siwa Oasis to recover the treasure and transport it back to France. The entire caravan marched into oblivion, swallowed by a fierce sandstorm and lost without trace in a sea of burning sand. Since then, others such as the memorable team of Carter and Lord Carnarvon have attempted to uncover the hidden secrets beneath the sands of Egypt and adventurers and amateurs have sniffed around like bloodhounds to uncover leads and pay locals for information. Negotiations were carried out with intrigue and clandestine deals to thwart rivals. It is against this factual historic background that the two main characters of this story embark on a journey from Prague to Cairo and through the Sahara to the remote oasis of Siwa to fulfill a promise, to solve a mystery and avenge their uncle's murder.
- Author(s)Karl Hudousek
- PublisherMelbourne Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMelbourne, VIC
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMelbourne Books
- Width139 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.