All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionIn an inspirational tale of global adventure Ed Gillespie takes anything but a plane to circumnavigate the world. Cargo ships to camels, hitch-hiking to hovercrafts. Playing table tennis with heavyweight Ukrainian boxers. Border arrests and drug searches. Communing with a Costa Rican jungle sloth. Illustrated with dramacic photography, Ed's journey brings to vivid life the joys, and challenges, of slow, low carbon, overland travel. En route Ed realises that staying grounded in an age of climate change may lead us to rediscover the pleasures of what real travel is all about. Through the journey and adventure he delves into the philosophy of sustainable travel, reconnecting with community and our one and only lonely planet.
- Author BiographyBorn in Norfolk and trained as a marine biologist Ed concluded he was going to spend the rest of his life saying 'if you don't stop catching all the fish, there won't be any fish'. So he co-founded Futerra, a communications company with a mission to make sustainable development so desirable it becomes normal. Ed has worked all over the world, from Jamaica to New Caledonia. He is also a London Sustainable Development Commissioner and Chairman of specialist European rail booking business loco2.com.
- Author(s)Ed Gillespie
- PublisherWild Things Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2014
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationBath
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWild Things Publishing Ltd
- Content Note15 plus over 50 photos
- Weight750 g
- Width150 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.