Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.65
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.68
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.31
About this product
- DescriptionA screenplay set in a fictional frame, this tale of two generations offers a questioning take on the western. Eager to head up the thriving enterprise her father made of his pioneer ranch, Hallie Bonfield returns home from school in the East to find trouble waiting. As a former romance with her ranch manager, Ken McKenna, reignites, she learns he intends to confront a neighboring rancher in a likely fatal encounter. Appalled, she strives to deter him and prevent the outbreak of a feud, but is caught up in emotions that allow latent violence to smolder. Her parents' story holds a family secret that lies at the root of hostility. A letter reveals it, but leaves open the question: will forces unleashed by unresolved wrong exact full requital?
- Author BiographyMargaret Gooch is a native Southerner who now lives in New England. A graduate of Texas Christian University, she obtained her master's degree from the University of Denver and a doctorate in English from the University of North Carolina. She taught college English for a few years, but for most of her professional life has been an academic reference librarian. Colorado summer vacations, along with various literary and cinematic influences, lie behind her imaginative engagement with the West.
- Author(s)Margaret M Gooch
- Date of Publication07/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byHeidi M Thomas
- Illustrator(s)Christine Reynolds
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.