All listings for this product
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.62Trending at AU $27.02
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.55
- AU $44.58Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $22.81Trending at AU $28.20
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $34.72
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $48.49
- AU $21.60Trending at AU $24.05
About this product
- DescriptionKeep Christianity StrangeAs the culture changes all around us, it is longer possible to pretend that we are a Moral Majority. That may be bad news for America, but it can be good news for the church. What's needed w, in shifting times, is neither a doubling-down on the status quo r a pullback into isolation. Instead, we need a church that speaks to social and political issues with a bigger vision in mind: that of the gospel of Jesus Christ. As Christianity seems increasingly strange, and even subversive, to our culture, we have the opportunity to reclaim the freakishness of the gospel, which is what gives it it's power in the first place.We seek the kingdom of God, before everything else. We connect that kingdom agenda to the culture around us, both by speaking it to the world and by showing it in our churches. As we do so, we remember our mission to oppose demons, t to demonize opponents. As we advocate for human dignity, for religious liberty, for family stability, let's do so as those with a prophetic word that turns everything upside down.The signs of the times tell us we are in for days our parents and grandparents never knew. But that's call for panic or surrender or outrage. Jesus is alive. Let's act like it. Let's follow him, onward to the future.
- Author BiographyRussell D. Mooreis President of the Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention, the moral concerns and public policy entity of the nation s largest Protestant denomination. Prior to his election in 2013, Moore served as provost and dean of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, where he also taught as professor of theology and ethics. Moore is the author of several books including Adopted for Life: The Priority of Adoption for Christian Families and Churches and Tempted and Tried: Temptation and the Triumph of Christ. A native Mississippian, he and his wife Maria are the parents of five sons.
- Author(s)Dr Russell Moore
- Date of Publication01/08/2015
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight181 g
- Width163 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Narrator(s)George W Sarris
- Contained items statement9 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time648
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.